Self Aware

Recently, I have been afforded a conglomerate of opportunities both professionally and personally. I was connected with an exceptional organization specializing in Leadership and Coaching to obtain my Executive Coaching Certificate. Having been inspired deeply by the organization's founder, JR Flatter, and the entire team and cohort at 2 Roads Leadership, I have committed myself to pursue all levels of Coaching. WOOT WOOT! Add it to my life bucket list, CHECK! In all seriousness, I find that it aligns with what I hope to do in the world privately, personally, and in my professional career. 

I have spoken before about legacy and the impact I hope to have on others and I have shared at length my commitment to #livejoyfully. 

I have also not been quiet about my flawed nature and imperfect presence in this world...though some may say what they will about that I am not sorry about being openly vulnerable at all....

I find so much powerful about coaching, especially this: there is this space that I have discovered (similar to meditation tenets of non-judgment) where seeing and listening and embracing while exploring growth and discovery is the true intersection of acceptance, joy, drive, and success. (it's a crossroad more like a 4 way intersection than a T just for clarity in the metaphor winky face emoji)

As part of the coaching community I now find myself a part of, I have the benefit of working with a peer coach. Last night, I met with my coach. I walked away from that session ever so slightly changed, and perhaps more accurately renewed. 

If you have been with me in any of my other posts, you know...

We are not strangers to the begin again mentality, and the ebb and flow of confidence and tenacity to tackle the things we dare to dream. 

I am approaching my 40th birthday... Yes, Shorty will be Forty!! 

I had been working all year with serious goals to finally kick this autoimmune weight in the rear, accomplish some defined strength goals and approach this next season full of change (the last kiddo to fly the nest, another PCS move, and a world of adventure ahead) with a true sense of wonder and excitement. 

Here I sit writing this and I wish I could say, I CRUSHED that 35 pound weight loss goal! Sadly, I can not. The body has its own timing. I am not even a little bit lighter than I was this time last year. In body, that it is. 

Today, I reflect on my personal discovery and all the many tools and resources God has put
at my disposal and the many gifts I have been given: the gift of friendships new and old, thriving sons, my husband-a genuine leader and hero, a job that has a mission and purpose that gives me goosebumps every time I think about what I get to do, family that loves, education, training, books, podcasts, and industry leaders who make themselves accessible and actually live the life they tote...and so much more....

I am stronger. I am more self aware. I am also thankful.

Gratitude truly does reveal a beautiful truth of this life. 

And another truth that will be my mantra to find a center for myself in all that changes...a mantra that will allow those blessings to be ever in the forefront of my mind, that will continue to expand and will undoubtedly bring the realization of my goals a reach closer is this:

All that I hope to contribute to this world (love, grace, joy, laughter, kindness, success, excellence, friendship, hope, encouragement...)

I must first give to myself.

So for my birthday this year, I am giving myself the gift of all that. 

What gift will you give yourself? 

Are you giving yourself all that you aim to give to the world?

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trying a New Thing

Begin Again

Dinner Guest